Our abandoned area in the school yard has seen an incredible transformation. Teachers (Ms Vella Ciangura Fiona and Mr Shawn Vella + other teachers, students (the learning zone team and others), have joined forces in order to change the environment in which we spend so many hours. They had help from other teachers (design and technology group collaborating with ekoskola) and experts (ie Dr Sandro Lanfranco) in order to identify the plant species in the garden. Because the temperature is reaching record figures this year, it is necessary to water the garden once or twice a week.
The following noticeable changes took place:
- setting up of coffee tables, building of more rubble walls
- designing garden steps
- setting new footpaths using old tiles
- hedgehog planters made of used plastic bottles. Work done by learning zone team
- setting up of bird feeders
- setting pebbles and cleaning footpaths and behind benches
More photos in the Photos Page.